Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Day 12- Biko sticky rice



TODAY'S RECIPE: Biko sticky rice

Blog Commentary: Continuing with the rice theme (no I didn't have anymore leftovers). Besides we need a different kind of rice anyways. I couldn't find the malagkit rice or any sticky rice so I decided to find some sweet rice. bad decision. Find sticky rice! That is very very important. Sweet rice won't do. While the flavors might be there in the end, it's the not the same without the sticky part of the rice. I also took out the jackfruit because I didn't have any then. Plus, I don't think it's the integral part of the recipe. The sweeter, the better for me. And the jackfruit does't really add to the sweetness of the rice for me.

Reference: http://www.grouprecipes.com/29137/biko-filipino-sweet-rice.html

ORIGINAL RECIPE: no_image JO'S RECIPE:

Ingredients

Ingredients
  • 4 cups of sweet rice ( sticky)
  • 4 cups water for cooking the rice
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1lb. brown sugar
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • 1 bottle jackfruit ( langka)
  • condensed milk
  • 4 cups of sweet rice ( sticky)
  • 4 cups water for cooking the rice
  • 4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1lb. brown sugar
  • 2 cups coconut milk
  • condensed milk


Procedures: Procedures:
  • 1. Cook the rice in the rice cooker while waiting boil the coconut milk and mix with the sugar. keep stirring until it gets very sticky. scoop some juice for topings. pour the jackfruit and mix with the rice. bake if you want ( 20 mins.) then put the toppings.
  • 1. Cook the rice in the rice cooker while waiting boil the coconut milk and mix with the sugar. keep stirring until it gets very sticky. scoop some juice for topings.
  • 2. Preheat oven for 300 degrees and bake for 20 mins.
  • 3. Then put the toppings.

VIDEO: LOST ALL MY FOOTAGE for this week!

Video Commentary: I also noticed that the coconut milk didn't get as sticky as I would have liked it to be. So, I may change that to coconut creme or something with a thicker substance or continually add to the sugar while stirring instead of just adding everything at once. Next: Picadillo

No comments:

Post a Comment